Sunday, February 20, 2011

Parental Love

I kind of have an idea of how the Grinch might have felt the day his heart grew two sizes.  Lately, as I watch my kids, my heart swells with love for them.  I have no words to describe this feeling or emotion, there is nothing else like it.  It doesn't happen when my kids do something amazing, or something that would merit great pride from a parent.  Its usually the little things they do every day that seem to awe me more.  Things like the little Patrick (from Sponge Bob) imitation Will does, the giggle Ella has developed over the last few weeks, or when I find Jack reading to one of his siblings, or not getting frustrated over a situation.

I imagine this is how our Heavenly Father feels about us.  His heart swells with love for us, and not because of the tremendous ministries we serve in, but because of the daily life and love we choose to walk in, because of who He created us to be.  By just breathing, He is delighting in you.  I love how being a parent shines a whole new light on your relationship with your own heavenly Father.  Things become clearer then they had ever been, and you suddenly begin to understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment