Friday, November 18, 2011

Holding out, or Holding on?

I've said it before, but obedience is bliss, not ignorance.  In ignorance you do not see, there is only what you perseve.  In obedience there is a true sight, the opportunity to see who God truly is through a clear lense and not through the eyes of the fleshly character.

My husband has been searching for a new position with in Wells Fargo.  For months he has been waiting for God to show us what to do.  Recently he began applying for jobs, praying for favor and direction.  We would pray that God would close doors that shouldn't be opened and make the path clear.  Then an amazing opportunity arose and Lewis was one of the last two vying for the position.  Due to an HR technicality, he wasn't able to accept the position, even thought the manager said he really liked him. 

We were crushed.  Through our human eyes, our fleshly ignorant lense, we felt like God had let us down.  (Just like humans can sometimes do.)  We were looking at God and reacting to Him like in a human relationship(ie: because I let others down, I feel like God lets me down).  We thought "we are faithful, this job would have been such a blessing for our family."  We were confused and even angry.

I got upset and honest with the Lord.  He asked me to confront some issues with our finances, I had to be honest with myself and with my husband.  I had to take responsibility for some things that I didn't want to even look at.  It wasn't fun, and God is still working with me.

I was then able to see.  God reminded me that He isn't holding out on me, He is holding onto me(just because I hold back with others, doesn't mean God does).  He was waiting for obedience, honesty with Him and ourselves.  I knew that no matter what what it looked like, God has what is best for me.  Even if its not conveneint, easy, or what I had in mind.

We kept praying and seeking God's favor and wisdom.  This last week Lewis was presented with not one job offer but two.  He was able to choose, and we can now see how this place the Lord brought us is far better than the place we would have brought ourselves.  We are so impatient, but the Lord holds us back for what is better.  He isn't holding out, He is holding on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment