Monday, April 22, 2013

Preparing a way for The Way

Most of us girls wouldn't even think about going out of the house in our pajamas, without make up, or at the very least, brushing our teeth.  I have a morning routine, empty bladder, comb hair, eat, brush teeth.  Even if I'm not dressed when I bring my boys to school, I'd like to look decent from the windshield.  I need to get myself a little bit ready, at the bare minimum.

I've had those other moments when I was not "ready" and I just quick run to the store because it just has to be done.  Lo and behold I run into someone I know.  Ug, yep, here I am in the raw.  A little embarrassed that I couldn't even take the time to care for myself and show that I actually care for the outside world enough to give them something nice to look at.  (Disclaimer:  I'm not a superficial individual that only cares about what others think, but its a debt to society to at least brush your hair and teeth).

Sometimes I feel like that when I go out without reading my Bible, or praying, or singing a few songs of adoration for our Lord.  Its the same thing.  We need to be ready to minister to the outside world.  If we skip the preparation of our soul, we won't even be aware of the need for it.  When we are feasting on our Lord's presence we will see opportunities, we will be ready, we will be prepared to love, to look past wrongs, to do it God's way.

Its our debt to society to brush our teeth, fix our spirit on Heaven, and go to the store.  Intentionally be aware of the basket, keep it off, and shine our lights.  At my home church, Brandon Valley AG, our motto is Love God, Love people, Make a difference.  But loving God has to come first, we won't be prepared to do the others with out feasting on our Lord first.

Oswald Chambers says "A Christian worker is the one who perpetually looks in the face of God and then goes forth to talk to people.  The secret of the worker's life is that he keeps in tune with God all the time."

2 Corinthians 3:18  We all with open face beholding...the glory of the Lord


1 comment: