Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Today is your Gifting


1 Corinthians 12:27 You are the body of Christ. Each one of you is a part of it.28 First, God has appointed apostles in the church. Second, he has appointed prophets. Third, he has appointed teachers. Then he has appointed people who do miracles and those who have gifts of healing. He also appointed those able to help others, those able to direct things, and those who can speak in different kinds of languages they had not known before.
29 Is everyone an apostle? Is everyone a prophet? Is everyone a teacher? Do all work miracles? 30 Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in languages they had not known before? Do all explain what is said in those languages? 31 But above all, you should want the more important gifts.  (Which is LOVE)

I have yet to meet a person who carries every gift at the same time.  Not that I put it past God, He can do anything, but I'm not sure we need to be everything at once. I do feel like God is telling me to be ready to be something.  Be ready for what I need you to be.  

We may not be apostles, but we all have visions and dreams.  We may not be prophets, but we are all called to encourage His people. We may not be great teachers, but all are called to teach what God has taught us. Not many have healing ministries, but Jesus told us to pray for the sick.  

The point is there should be no excuse for us to sit around and let someone else do the job because its not your "gifting."  The Holy Spirit is waiting for us to say, "Lay it on m thick, cause I'm going out into the world today, and I'm ready to shake it up!"  We have no hope to minister in this world apart from God's anointing and the Love we are commanded to bring into it.  Whatever form its in today, be prepared to be used and you will be.  

Don't leave your world the same tomorrow as it was yesterday.  Everyday is a call to change it.   The Holy Spirit is in me for my sake, but He is upon me for the world's.

No comments:

Post a Comment