Thursday, November 4, 2010

Heart Pictures

I don't know what it is latley, but God has been giving me very vivid word pictures in my spirit.  Today as I was worshiping with God, soaking in his glorious splendor, I was praying that I would soak him up.  I saw a sponge.  First it was sponge bob, hey, I have 3 kids under 7 and under.  But then I saw a kitchen sponge, soaked.  What does a sponge do after it has reached capacity?  It drips, and leaves its print wherever it lands.  I then began to pray that I would be a sponge filled with his anointing spirit,filled so full that everywhere I go I would leave God's print, every one I touch would be left driping with His spirit. 

A few months ago I saw a local comercial for a paint store.  It was in black and white and whereever this guy, who was carring a paint can, went or whatever he touched turned to color.  I immediatle began to pray that I would be Him.  That where ever I went, whatever I touched would be lit with the presence of the Holy Spirit.  I've seen a woman, almost drowning in liquid, suspended, hair flowing, beautifully dancing, like a sycronized swimmer.  Completley immersed in the love of God,  lost in the Holy Spirit. 

I want to be a vessle that will carry the Lord's anointing everywhere I go.  I want God to use me to bring color to grey, beauty to dullness, that will nourish the thirsty, that will water the dry.  I want to allow my spirit to enjoy his presence, to dwell there, to soak in him, to let go, lean back on him, hear his heartbeat.  I want to be so close to Him that I can feel His breath whisper my value in my hear. 

Let go, jump in deep, loose yourself in Him, be the vessel the Lord can use.  You have value, you have beauty that others need.  The Lord wants and needs to use you.  Soak in His Holy Spirit, and take it with you.  He is portable beyond the church doors.  Don't let it drop off at the property line.

3 comments:

  1. This is HIGHLY encouraging! Thank you for sharing. In the end of the message you put "He is portable beyond the church doors" and I agree to a point, lol. Today so many think of the "church" as a building, and it absolutely is not. The church is a BODY, the Body of Christ to be exact. The Body of Believers. If we are a building ... we cannot move, we cannot speak, we cannot reach out our arms to those in need because a building does not have arms. We cannot walk the gospel of peace to those in need in far away places because a building does not have feet. A building cannot put on the armor of God because it's not for a building; it's for us to put it on, each individual person in the Body of Christ. As the Body we CAN speak, move, walk, reach out, and be a living example of Christ in this world. I cannot call a building a "church" anymore having had this revelation. It's a facility; a building where people can gather. I can't GO to church, because I can't GO to myself. If we begin thinking of ourselves as the holy temple of God instead of thinking of the Church as a building ... oh, how things would change. Praise the Lord for your encouraging revelation! God is SO much bigger! Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, but it just wouldn't have sounded as nice. "he is portable beyond the building we gather to worship?" hehehe....but yes, great reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fine to me :) Hehehe :) Thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete