Monday, November 1, 2010

Healing Roots of Faith

Ephesians 1 Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong.


This week I was praying about the questions in the study I'm leading and I saw a tree above, with deep strong roots in the soil.  Entangled in the roots was a heart.  The heart had been cracked and broken, but the roots had grown around it and had bound the breaks so tight it was now repaired.  There were still seems where the damage had been, but it was no longer broken.  This image has stayed in my head all week.  I have been thinking back all week as to what this picture means.

I feel God is showing me our broken hearts will be healed with the roots we grow in and out of the trust of Jesus.  As our roots become stronger and more plentiful, our hearts will heal more.  Our roots become strong when we focus on God, and put our trust in Him.  When we put our hearts under His authority, then He can bind it, heal it.  Restore, Refresh, Revive, us and Remove all that does not line up under the authority of Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment