Monday, July 16, 2012

Perfectly Messy

This is a crazy quilt.  Beautiful in its own right, but a little messy for my taste.  I perfer straight lines, that follow pattern, something a little more predictable.  But I don't always get what I want.  My days tend to resemble this crazy quilt more than this beautifully laid out plan.   Here you can predict what will come next.  Circle, diamond, circle...so on and so on.  God has order, He has never changed from the begining of time, but I dare to say there seems to be no pattern.  I'm sure He has this beautiful laid out plan for my life.  It probably began looking like the second quilt; then I begin to rip at it.  The enemy grabs his scissors and begins to cut into it.  God grabs His thread and begins to stitch in a new peice, a new plan at the scene of the tears.  This happens over and over, and everytime I mess up, He will do it again.  At the end of the day, I am wrapped up in my lovely quilt that God has prepared for me.  Its a little messy looking, there are still fringed edges. Even still, I'm confident that He is shopping for the perfect peice of fabric and thread to mend that edge. 

When I'm feeling cold and naked, I'll come to the Lord and ask Him to wrap me in the quilt He is constructing for me.  Its mine, and it soothes like no other love, like no other clothing, more perfect than anything I could have designed for myself.  Because He knows me better in this moment than I know myself.  Jesus knows exactly what will fit in each place, I will trust and cover myself in His plan, no matter how messy the pattern may seem.

Jeremiah 29:1111 For I know the plans that I [a]have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment