Friday, October 8, 2010

A Daily Fight?

Okay, first off, I'm not committing to writing everyday. Unless God intervenes somewhere, it just isn't going to happen. But, God has been showing me how He restores us, daily. So, theres the name, plus nothing else was available. I guess He saved this one for me.

Over the last few weeks I have had an entire new outlook on my relationship with my Creator. I always knew him as gentle, loving, and caring. But I guess I forgot that God is also a fighter. I was reading "Wild at Heart" a few weeks back and I about wanted to jump out of bed! I highly recommend reading that book, even if you aren't a man. Its a window into who our God is, placing half his heart into man, and half into Women( Which is in the Captivating book).

Anywho, This concept of fighting for me consumes me. Just read this verse here:

Chronicles 16:9 The eyes of the Lord search the whole earth in order to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.

Amplified: For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth to show Himself strong in behalf of those whose hearts are blameless toward Him (same verse, in the amplified)

Wow! He isn't just going to fight when you ask, He is actively seeking to give his strength and fight for you! What an increadable God we serve.

Oh and how about Psalms 18, my friend Carol pointed this one out to me. Amazing!

4 The ropes of death entangled me; floods of destruction swept over me.
5 The grave[a] wrapped its ropes around me; death laid a trap in my path.
6 But in my distress I cried out to the Lord; yes, I prayed to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry to him reached his ears.
7 Then the earth quaked and trembled. The foundations of the mountains shook; they quaked because of his anger.
8 Smoke poured from his nostrils; fierce flames leaped from his mouth.Glowing coals blazed forth from him.
9 He opened the heavens and came down; dark storm clouds were beneath his feet.
10 Mounted on a mighty angelic being,[b] he flew, soaring on the wings of the wind.
11 He shrouded himself in darkness, veiling his approach with dark rain clouds.
12 Thick clouds shielded the brightness around him and rained down hail and burning coals.[c]13 The Lord thundered from heaven; the voice of the Most High resounded amid the hail and burning coals.
14 He shot his arrows and scattered his enemies; his lightning flashed, and they were greatly confused.
15 Then at your command, O Lord, at the blast of your breath, the bottom of the sea could be seen, and the foundations of the earth were laid bare.

He not only Hears your cries, but it makes Him so angry when others are harming His daughters. He opened the heavens! He moved the entire earth because of his anger. See, He doesn't just do something when you ask, He seeks YOU out, He doesn't just do what you ask, He moves the Heavens and the Earth to protect the ones he loves.

I heard a quote recently from Gianna Jensen, an abortion survivor,

"Be nice to me, My Father rules the world"

I couldn't have said it any better myself. So today, ask yourself, how does He fight for you? Because if your heart is His, He already does.

No comments:

Post a Comment