Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Jesus my Bride

I have had some amazing revelation over the last few days.  I was listening to Mike Bickle’s teaching on what it means to be Christ’s bride, and him our bridegroom.  –Highly Recommended-  You can find it at http://www.mikebickle.com/

I'm so glad God showed me these things.  I was having a hard time wrapping my head around Jesus as the bride groom, God my father.  Eww.  Maybe that doesn't wierd you out, but I really don't want to marry my dad.  But it really isn't anything like that.  Not that I've found yet.  I've only listend to the first installment of the teaching.  I'm so excited to see what else God shows me.

So what I learned yesterday was that God made us for one purpose, as a prize for his son Jesus, to provide him eternal companionship.  As if God wasn’t enough.  But He knows Jesus’ heart and what would mean most to him.  So he gave him US!  The entire history of the world was planned and arranged in a way so Jesus could have us, a pure bride to commune with for eternity.  Everything that has happened has happened to open our human eyes, and point to Jesus.  In the end all will have to obey Jesus, weather voluntarily or forced.  God doesn’t want to force us, all of history has been thwarting us to find our savior, your history and pain has allowed you to see who will fill your needs.  I don’t want to be forced to be Jesus’ bride; I don’t want an arranged marriage.  I want one filled with passion and joy, not judgment and obligation.  I want to give him what he desires, what he deserves. 

When he died, his eyes were on the prize.  Do you know what that prize was?  You!  When we stop looking for our place in God’s kingdom, take our eyes off “me”, put our focus on Jesus, when we get a clear view of who Jesus is, what God had planned the whole time, our purpose is evident, our place is reveled,  and revelation of his love will overflow.  Then we will be willing to give everything for our Bridegroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment