Thursday, October 14, 2010

Whats My Motivation?

Kind words and encouragement are always nice to hear.  But it makes me think "why do I do what I do?"  Does that make any sense?  Why did I start this blog?  Do I just want to write so I can hear the kind words of my friends?  Honestly, I love to be encouraged, but its almost too much attention.  I really shy away from it and I feel its not deserved.  The only real encouragement I seek is from God.  I want to be like Abraham, to be called a friend of God.  That is the only acceptance I need.

I say this because, even if now I have my friends backing me up, it may not always be that way.  Many of the prophets of the old testament were not listened to.  I think of Ezekiel when God told him in Chapter 2 verse 5, "as for them, whether they listen or not -for they are a rebellious house- they will know that a prophet has been among them."  When God gives us words, it may not always be well received, and you will likely be hated and very unpopular.  This is shown over and over again throughout the Bible.

I have to remind myself, Proverbs 3:26, for the Lord will be my confidence and will keep my foot from being caught.  God is my assurance, backbone, boldness, certainty, courage, determination, fearlessness, fortitude, reliance, spunk, tenacity.  These are all synonyms of confidence and all things that my God is for me.  I don't need men's approval, but God alone.  It sure makes it easier when you have others on your side, but its not the reason I do what I do.    
 
 

 

Proverbs 3:26 (New International Version)


 26 for the LORD will be your confidence
       and will keep your foot from being snared

No comments:

Post a Comment