Monday, October 11, 2010

Little Blessings

My husband and I took a few days off from the parent world. My wonderful parents came up and stayed with the kids for 2 nights. Ah, such sweet bliss to be able to eat dinner and actually have an adult conversation, not to mention sleeping in. If you call 7:30 sleeping in.

This last weekend was so much fun, but more than that, it was a chance for God to remind me of how much he cares for me. Remember on Friday how I said God searches the whole world for you. He reminded me again how he does this in so many ways.

We were at the Mall of America, I wasn't really planning on buying anything for myself, but when I stumbled across a pair of Levi's Jeans that fit perfectly, for $15 I couldn't pass them up. I remember trying them on in the dressing room and thanking God because they were such a blessing. I lost about 40 lbs, give or take a few, last year and I had to get an entirely new wardrobe, that is expensive. But God has helped me find some amazing deals along the way. I told my husband that God was just helping me obtain clothes since I was obedient and changed my eating habits. He kind of laughed it off.

Side note: My husband always asks me to pray for things he needs because he tells me "God hears your prayers better then mine". Not really, but I really think God wants to prove Himself to those who are searching for Him. He is fighting for me, even in my shopping trips, God is on MY side.

So, we continue shopping and stop at Old Navy. Lewis finds some really great shirts $8 per shirt, and I found a great deal on winter fleece sweaters. 2 for $16! The best part, it was Saturday only. Thanks again God, I was needing more sweaters. :)

Okay, but this really has to be the funnest part of the story. After a day of seeing God bless me this just knocked our socks off. We were at the Cheesecake factory, waiting our 40 minute turn. We really wanted to eat outside, but they couldn't guarantee a table. So just after we put our name in, I asked God to save us a table outside. Yep, 40 minutes later we were outside, AND, they messed up our order and we got our cheesecake for FREE! That's $16 in free cheesecake! HA!

Now, you may think these are all just lucky coincidences, and I probably would have thought that months ago too. But lately, I've been seeing God romance me in ways I never really gave Him credit for before. And I really feel that as soon as you begin to notice the things He does for you, He will begin to do more. Weather its because He will actually begin to give you more, or you'll just start to notice it, I'm not sure. But He loves to see our faces light up at the gifts he gives us. Weather its just a bright blue sky, or free cheesecake. He loves to bless His daughters.

Remember this verse?
Matthew 6:26
26 Look at the birds. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for your heavenly Father feeds them. And aren’t you far more valuable to him than they are?

No comments:

Post a Comment