Sunday, October 17, 2010

Restoration

This may not be news to many of you.  But I stumbled across a new concept, for me at least.  We all know Jesus came to earth as the ultimate sacrifice for us.  To save us from death and to allow us the gift of Heaven upon our physical death.  But did you realize, that is only part of it!  Jesus is far more then "fire insurance", a way to keep us from Hell.  His main purpose is to restore us. 

When Jesus first entered the synagogue to begin his earthly mission, He opened the Scriptures and read from Isaiah 61.  It says:  
1 The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me,
      for the Lord has anointed me
      to bring good news to the poor.
   He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted
      and to proclaim that captives will be released
      and prisoners will be freed.[a]
 2 He has sent me to tell those who mourn
      that the time of the Lord’s favor has come,[b]
      and with it, the day of God’s anger against their enemies.
 3 To all who mourn in Israel,[c]
      he will give a crown of beauty for ashes,
   a joyous blessing instead of mourning,
      festive praise instead of despair.
   In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks
      that the Lord has planted for his own glory.

That is what He has come to do!  Are you broken, morning the loss or your youth?  Do you feel like ashes, charred up remains of who you once were?  He has relief for all of that and so much more.  He offers to take all of our hurts and heal our hearts, but there is a catch.  He won't barge in and take them, he has to be invited.  It says in Revelation 3:20 20'Behold, I stand (A)at the door and (B)knock; if anyone hears My voice and opens the door, (C)I will come in to him and will dine with him, and he with Me. 

He doesn't stop knocking after He is Lord over your life.  He is knocking for access to your whole life, your whole heart.  Then, and only then, can and will he begin to renew, restore, refresh who he created us to be.  There is far more enjoyment to be had on this earth.  We don't need to wait for heaven to feel this peace and release of pain.  As for me, I'm not waiting until I die to know the true Glory of my God.  He is inviting you to the same.  Will you open the door?

No comments:

Post a Comment