Friday, December 3, 2010

His Quiet Whispers

Its been a few days since I've really felt God's voice pour into my heart.  I've been praying for some discernment and clear directions for the near future.  I only want to move when He asks me to, so here I wait. 

I was reading in Ephesians the other day and came across chapter 1 verse 17 and 18, it says: 
17 I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit[a] of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. 18 I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people. 

Since I came across this on Monday, I've been praying it and expecting to hear His voice.  But I know it may not be how I expect Him to speak.  I have to be careful not to let my human ideals fog over how God is wanting to move.  He doesn't always speak or move the way we expect Him to. 

As I've been waiting I'm realizing that His revelation doesn't have to be mind blowing.  Its the little things that will spark your heart to life.  Jesus knew that I was praying for clear direction and He lead me straight to the Book, Chapter, and Verse to pray.  This is His voice speaking to me, not exactly the way I thought He would, but He is still speaking, and I'm still listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment