Thursday, December 23, 2010

The Truer Story

My hearts longing has been to find the true romance between me and my maker.  I know I'm supposed to be the bride of Christ, but I have no idea what that means, and my heart longs to know its purpose and to feel loved like I desire to be, to be truly loved like no human can offer.  I've begun reading "The Sacred Romance" and it is revealing things of this nature.

John and Brent write out a beautiful story, reminding us that God is the main character in this spiritual reality, not just a puppet master, or an author writing  the story from a safe throne of power.  In order for us to know God's true heart, we have to realize that He is the main character.  He didn't create us to have ultimate power over another, or even to love another, for as they say "God already has love happening within him and the Trinity."  He made us to share the joy He has.  He wants to share Joy with us. 

There is a phrase in Jeremiah where God asks "What have I done for you to hate me so much?"   This breaks my heart, knowing that we can cause God so much pain and anguish, espcecailly when He has done nothing to cause such a reaction.  So then why are so many of us so hurt and so full of discord for our God? The devil has told us that we are the center of it all.  He wants us to take focus of the Joy of Jesus, and put ourselves at the center of the universe.  As soon as we do that, we have lost the joy set before us.  We then begin to see God as a ruling power, and not a king of grace and joy.  God's heart is good and is fighting for us.

For hundreds of years people have been intentionally turning their faces from God, thinking that He is just the author and ultimate power hurling down punishment from His thrown.  The very ones God created for love and joy are the source of so much pain for Him.  That was a risk He was willing to take for the chance to get to truly love and share a romance with us.  Love and romance can not be forced, and we do not worship a God who forces himself upon us, He romances us.

He is constantly wooing you, trying to show you His heart towards you.  Jesus wanted to come from Heaven, He wanted to leave His "King hood" to come and rescue the humble maiden.  His heart is for YOU, He risks it all, He gives it all, He opens it all for you.  For the chance that you will recognize Him, that you will receive the gift of true love He has already paid for.

2 comments:

  1. Amen Sarah. Indeed He is pursuing us. And as the song says, He won't relent until He has it all [our hearts]. I am on the road of discovery with you, exploring what it means to be the Bride of Christ. I am loving Mike Bickle's teachings on this subject. You can check out more here (downloadable mp3s and notes): http://mikebickle.org/resources/series/the-bride-of-christ-2010.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been able to listen to the first installment when I saw you post them a while back. It was great! But, I haven't been able to get anymore in. Its a very fun discovery, to know who you are, and whose you are.

    ReplyDelete