Thursday, January 13, 2011

Its Not Me

I was praying today that I would be a bug catcher.  I know, I pray weird things.  But I want to attract the moths to the flame.  I'm just the bug catcher.  The bugs may come to me; but, they aren't attracted by the metal cage, they are attracted to the mesmerizing light inside.  The moths, and various other creatures, get caught up in the presence of such light.  I'm only the dingy metal cage, but the brightness that is inside can't be missed.

I want today to be the day He catches your eye.  Its not me, its Him.  Its God calling you.   I don't want anyone to overlook Him,  again.  I don't want you to say "its just a bug catcher", I want Him to mesmerize you by the flame inside. 

I want Him to take us into the wilderness, away from all distraction.  I want to be alone with Him so I can hear Him.  So He can speak to us.  I want us to focus on Him, just like those bugs will do anything they can to get to that center light.  Our desire should be the same.  Our focus should be so intent. 

Catch me God, take me away.

No comments:

Post a Comment