Thursday, January 6, 2011

Its a Relationship, not Algebra....Thank God for that!

2 Corinthians 3:16-18 
Whenever, though, they turn to face God as Moses did, God removes the veil and there they are—face-to-face! They suddenly recognize that God is a living, personal presence, not a piece of chiseled stone. And when God is personally present, a living Spirit, that old, constricting legislation is recognized as obsolete. We're free of it! All of us! Nothing between us and God, our faces shining with the brightness of his face. And so we are transfigured much like the Messiah, our lives gradually becoming brighter and more beautiful as God enters our lives and we become like him.

Our God is not one of equation but one of relationship.  Here, punch in these numbers, do this list of things, and I’ll do this for you.  This would be so much easier for us to predict, and control.  He is a living God, not an algebra eqatision for us to ponder and figure out.  But that is exactly the point.  God is not something for us to control, we can not dictate our own salvation.  Our plans for self redemption and for safety only take us further from our Father.  So our wild God takes our plans and messes them up, shakes us, even pains us, all in efforts to send us searching for true salvation and relationship.

“What aspects of your story do you fear will be taken away next by this wild God?  What does this say about where you think your life is found?”
 –John Elderidge A Sacred Romance Workbook

He wants nothing but your heart.  Half a heart will never be enough for him.  He won’t relent until he has it all.  (What a great song from Misty Edwards)  And in all honesty, half a heart will never be enough for you.  It will always leave you searching for something else, or trying to kill the desire for more.  For the love, romance, and relationship you were created for.   

The reality that my life is not mine to control usually leaves me with a paper bag in my hands frantically trying to catch my breath; What!  No control!  I have to let go and let God?  I already feel like I’m in a downward spiral, how can you expect me to let someone else plan out my life? 

Or, this can be absolutely freeing!  Yes!  I don’t have to have it all together; I don’t have to plan all of this.  I’m part of a bigger story, one that I’m not responsible for.  This whole world, universe, was moving just fine before I got here.  God wrote me in for a grand plan, that I am only to follow; I guess it’s my destiny.

When we know our God’s true heart towards you, that His heart is indeed good, then you CAN let go.  It is absolute freedom to realize that HE is not only the author, but the main event in the story.  We were written around Him, and the story is all in efforts for us to find the true life and relationship we were created for. 

As you remove your veil of control, God can then work freely in your life, removing the legalism and religious spirits that may have once been at work.  All that is left if for you to gaze intently upon His face.  And when His face is shining upon you, there is nothing that will keep you from transforming into your Father, becoming brighter, and brighter and shining His glory to the darkness.


No comments:

Post a Comment